Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Public Moments at The Cafe 3.0

Incident 3.1
Decided to try out a different coffee shop. New week, new cafe!

Sounded good at the time...

Incident 3.2
No such luck finding the proper cafe network to connect to the generously free-of-charge WiFi. The supposed network is nowhere to be seen. Unfortunately neither is the customer service. Dude behind the counter, sporting a middle-part bowl cut flattened by unwashed grease, is so annoyed at my smile and pleasantly voiced question that he snubs me and refuses to help me. He has also fashioned himself a poorly maintained Hitler 'stache. I feel politically incorrect making the reference, but I didn't snap a photo of him so I simply must develop the photo in your minds for you.

Incident 3.3
Attempt to connect to WiFi only gets worse. I now fear for the safety of my computer. My initial strange gut feeling to not go to the cafe today finally wins and I pack up. I leave frustrated and wondering why I didn't listen to my gut or just choose a different cafe.

. . . . . . . . . .

Incident 3.4
Divine revelation! Stars have aligned and I have found the purpose of my unsuccessful cafe adventure - 65 Front Street. It is located right beside the cafe, with the address emblazoned on chunky wood handles, each number branded into each handle. Its imperfections and rustic efforts make it so unique and distinct. I'll have to go back with my camera!

It's a perfect find for one of my favoured blogs, which celebrates street number typography around the city. I now find myself constantly looking at buildings, doors and signs to uncover another type gem. It really makes you appreciate the design and creativity that goes into the smallest details of some of the biggest structures.

Check out the blog for yourself and see what unique street type you can discover! {http://59amblepath.blogspot.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment